Sunday, February 17, 2013

BONE deep.

i'm obsessed with BONES. this television show is so weird because i feel like i connect to it so well. it's my show. i relate to the characters in such strong ways. i feel like there's so much to learn. the more i watch, the more i learn, even if i've seen the same episode at least 5 times. it seems like a show with such a basic storyline, and it is even a seemingly overdone storyline, at that. it's a crime drama that has a main character who writes books loosely based on her own life fighting  crime....how original. and yet, it's so different to me. it's so fantastically different than all of the rest.

this show gives me something new. it really helps me dive into the human psyche. helps me to dive into my own mind and even understand my life more. the show addresses anthropology, psychology, religion, belief, science, art, etc. the main characters have so much depth. they are so human. so off. every character is flawed. not as in they are poorly developed characters, but that they are so amazingly developed that they seem like someone that i would know, and want to know, and relate to. they aren't perfect. they are human. they are broken. they are constantly trying to figure out life. they are not average. i am not average. i always worry about being average and dull, but it's because i know i am no where near average, but still don't know how to really accept the odd duck that i am. i don't feel like i know how to be human and neither do these characters. it's comforting. this show.

i know i rambled. but i don't have a clue how to express my connection to this show. it may be odd, but sometimes it doesn't like anyone understands me. i feel alone amongst a community of loved ones. i feel alone, and yet i know there characters, there are "people" that make me feel a little bit less than alone.

some reasons why this show is such a comfort. it's almost medicinal.
-"every body has secrets." this tagline couldn't be more perfect.
-"anger is only fear turned inwards."-angela
-"Booth. I knew you'd back me up, I knew you wouldn't make me a liar. "-bones
  "Hm, how did you know?"-booth.
  "Because you want to go to heaven."-bones
  "But you don't believe in heaven."-booth
  " But you do"-bones.
-a foster/adopted child is someone that someone else chooses to love. <3
-"It was like we were both playing chicken and then we - we both swerved."-angela
 "What we should've done is crashed right into each other."-hodgins
 "At the speed of light."-angela
-She has enough pent-up sexual energy to power a small Midwestern city."-angela

there's definitely more to love, i'm just lazy and don't want to keep looking up my favorite parts.



this helps too.
-k


No comments:

Post a Comment